HERE comes the bride – but can you tell if she is wearing high street or high end?
Weddings can cost a fortune, but you can say yes to the dress without blowing the budget.
It appears more brides-to-be are choosing to save a few quid as searches for high street wedding dresses have rocketed by 34 per cent compared to last year, according to style search engine Lyst.com
And brands including Dorothy Perkins, French Connection and Lipsy are all stocking styles for the big day.
Here, CIGDEM TANRIOGLU looks at eight gowns with prices ranging from £80 to £2,600. Can you spot which is which? Answers below.
1. Diamonds may be a girl’s best friend, but pearls are special too. This style has plenty of embellishments but is the bill embellished too?
2. Will floral embroidering help you sniff out a bargain?
3. We love floaty fabrics and a delicate waistband, but would a boho bride balk at the bill?
- Earrings, £4.99, from New Look – buy here
- Necklace, £8, from Claire’s – buy here
4. Delicate lace makes this dress look luxurious, but will the price send you into sheer panic?
- Earrings, £5.99, from New Look – buy here
5. Glam in a full skirt – but does it mean an empty wallet?
- Shoes, £55, from Chi Chi London – buy here
- Veil, £69, from Phase Eight – buy here
6. Look a million dollars with sparkling detailing. But at what cost?
7. Floaty, silky fabric can make you look a dream – but is the price a nightmare?
- Necklace, £6.99, from New Look – buy here
- Bracelet, £10, from Claire’s – buy here
8. Modern structured shapes can look expensive, but crepe fabrics can feel cheap.
Will you get what you pay for?
1. Halterneck pearl detail dress, £180, from Lipsy – buy now
2. One-shoulder floral dress, £400, from Phase Eight. – buy now
3. Embellished waistband dress, £250, from French Connection – buy now
4. Sheer neck detail midi dress, £80, from Mistress – buy now
5. Dress, £110, from Chi Chi London- buy now
6. Sequinned halterneck dress, £110, from Dorothy Perkins – buy now
7. Cream satin dress, £95, from Asos.com – buy now
8. Long- sleeve structured dress, £2,600, from Roland Mouret at Net-a-porter.com – buy now